RVB

1
3 6
"RVB", by Rub Kandy, Rome 2010,  Travertino marble, ROMAN font, Pompeian red Photo 5 and 6: Desislava Valentinova Stoichkova

_______________________
words about
"In Largo Preneste you'll find this wall covered with plaques all exclaiming "per grazia ricevuta, which I believe translates loosely into "by god's grace." There is an altar to the Virgin Mary as well, like the ones I've written about before, so I suppose in this case, thanks is being given to the Virgin Mary. Also shortened at PGR, there is a tradition to place silver or gold offerings, or plaques such as these, to give thanks for a miraculous happening. When I first started looking at the wall I thought they were memorials for people's deaths, but now I think they are actually giving thanks for the birth's of children. Anyone know? If you look closely at this photo, you may find a plaque that does not belong....it's actually a very subtle piece of street art by Rub." [Jessica Stewart]